Workshop "Flow in Deformable Porous Media"
Zaragoza, Spain, November 23-25 2015
Place: Facultad de Matemáticas, Universidad de Zaragoza
Aim of the workshop
Many applications in diverse areas as geomechanics, hydrogeology, petrol engineering and biomechanics, for example, involve modeling the flow through porous media. Therefore, the study of this type of models is of great interest to scientists and engineers. This international workshop expects to gather expert researchers in the field of modeling and numerical simulation of flow in deformable porous media. The scientific interests of the workshop will cover different aspects, as modeling issues, stable discretizations and fast solvers. This activity is organized in collaboration with our Norwegian partners in the project "Numerical simulation in deformable porous media. Application to carbon dioxide storage", obtained in the NILS Science and Sostenibility programme.
- Programa NILS Ciencia y Sostenibilidad, financiado por el EEA Grants (European Economic Area Grants) y operado por la Universidad Complutense de Madrid.
- Instituto Universitario de investigación en Matemáticas y Aplicaciones, IUMA
- Universidad de Zaragoza
Confirmed Plenary Speakers
- Markus Bause, Helmut Schmidt Universität, Hamburg, Germany.
Title: Towards Poroelasticity: Variational Space-Time Methods for Elastic Waves and Single-Phase Flow
- José Manuel García Aznar, University of Zaragoza, Spain.
Title: Finite element modeling of porous media in mechanobiology: from bone to cell mechanics
- Xiaozhe Hu, Tufts University, Medford, USA.
Title: Convergence Analysis of Finite Element Discretizations for Biot's Equations
- Iuliu Sorin Pop, Eindhoven University of Technology, The Netherlands.
Title: Upscaling of mathematical models defined in time dependent geometries
- Anna Scotti, Politecnico di Milano, Milano, Italy.
Title: The interplay of flow, chemistry and compaction in sedimentary basins
- Petr Vabishchevich, Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow, Russia.
Title: Decoupling technique in poroelasticity problems
- Ludmil Zikatanov, The Pennsylvania State University, State College, USA.
Title: Monotonicity properties of some finite element discretizations of the linear Biot's model in poroelasticity
The organizers have made some arrangements to offer limited special prices in different hotels.
There are special prices in appartment suites for one/two/three people. See below or download the pdf file with the information here: * Appartment Suites Special Prices (pdf)
Also we offer limited special prices in different hotels in the Palafox chain. See below or download the pdf file with the information about the hotels and special prices: * Hotel special prices (pdf)
- Rainer Helmig, University of Stuttgart, Germany
- Oleg Iliev, Fraunhofer Institute for Industrial Mathematics ITWM, Germany
- Andro Mikelic, Claude Bernard University Lyon 1 , France
- Jan Martin Nordbotten, University of Bergen, Norway, and Princeton University, USA
- Francisco José Gaspar, IUMA, University of Zaragoza
- Kundan Kumar, Bergen University
- Florin Adrian Radu, Bergen University
- Carmen Rodrigo, IUMA, University of Zaragoza
All interested in presenting a 20 minutes communication should send an abstract (one page maximum) to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org before November 15th, 2015 using the corresponding template:
Accepted papers will be scheduled for oral presentation. Submission implies the willingness of at least one of the authors to register and present the paper.
- Samaneh Abolpour Mofrad (Bergen University, Norway)
- Andrés Arrarás (Universidad Pública de Navarra, Spain)
- Markus Bause (Helmut Schmidt Universität, Hamburg, Germany)
- Manuel Antonio Borregales (Bergen University, Norway)
- Xiulei Cao (Eindhoven University of Technology, The Netherlands)
- Ricardo Celorrio (University of Zaragoza, Spain)
- José Manuel García Aznar (University of Zaragoza, Spain)
- Francisco Gaspar (University of Zaragoza, Spain)
- José Luis Gracia (University of Zaragoza, Spain)
- Xiaozhe Hu (Tufts University, USA)
- Etelvina Javierre (Centro Universitario de la Defensa, Zaragoza, Spain)
- Kundan Kumar (Bergen University, Norway)
- Francisco Javier Lisbona (University of Zaragoza, Spain)
- Peiyao Luo (Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands)
- Koondanibha Mitra (Eindhoven University of Technology, The Netherlands)
- Iuliu Sorin Pop (Eindhoven University of Technology, The Netherlands)
- Laura Portero (Universidad Pública de Navarra, Spain)
- Florin Adrian Radu (Bergen University, Norway)
- Carmen Rodrigo (University of Zaragoza, Spain)
- Anna Scotti (Politecnico di Milano, Milano, Italy)
- Martin Stynes (Beijing Computational Science Research Center, Beijing, China)
- Petr Vabishchevich (Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow, Russia)
- Ludmil Zikatanov (The Pennsylvania State University, USA)
The Workshop will take place at:
Salón de Actos, Ground Floor Mathematics Building Faculty of Sciences Campus San Francisco 50009 Zaragoza
The program of the conference can be found here: * Program (pdf)
Tourism in Zaragoza
Weather's five day forecast for Zaragoza
How to reach Zaragoza
48 Hours in Zaragoza.
Photographs of the Expo2008
You can contact the organizing committee by sending an email to the address email@example.com
The Registration fee is 70 euros and it includes participation to all sessions, conference material, coffee breaks, lunches and conference dinner. The payment of the fee should be done on Monday 23rd November at the Registration desk.
To register for the workshop it is necessary to fill in the form that appears below, before 15th November 2015.